On a small hill close to the left bank of the Senatello Torrent stands Casteldelci. Due to its geographic position, on the border between the regions of Tuscany and Romagna, it was for centuries one of the main castles in the Montefeltro region. The municipality extends largely on both sides of the valley carved by the Senatello, a tributary of the Marecchia River. The inhabitants live mainly in the main town and in the outlying villages of Schigno, Senatello, Mercato, Giardiniera, Monte Fragheo and Poggio Ancisa.
Referred to as “Casale d’Ilice” in documents dating from the 12th century, it was initially under the jurisdiction of the Bishops of Montefeltro before passing under the administration of the rector of Massa Trabaria, although it was not part of that particular territory. It then passed to the Della Faggiola family where, the famous condottiere Uguccione was born in a castle on the mountain of the same name.
Subsequently it fell under the rule of the Prefects da Vico, then Guidobaldo da Montefeltro, Cesare Borgia (1502-08), Lorenzo dè Medici (1517), the Municipality of Florence (1518) and once again the Dukes of Urbino (1522). It then followed the general events of the Montefeltro region.
The Old Bridge, Monte Tower and the bell tower, the only one remaining of the four that the castle once had, are all worth seeing. The museum also houses an interesting collection of archaeological remains found in the area of Casteldelci.
There are many traditional restaurants and holiday farms in the area as well as a small hotel, housed in an old building dating from the 17th century in the old town centre of Casteldelci.
For outdoor enthusiasts there are several paths and donkey trails that can be covered on foot or horseback where, as well as beautiful natural surroundings where visitors will find typical mountain produce such as Pecorino cheese and cold cuts.
Town Hall 0541915423 fax 0541925300 e-mail: email@example.com
descrizione dell'offerta in lingua inglese